Monday 11 May 2015

Bout of Books Read-a-thon 13.0!


Hello everyone! It's time for another Bout of Books Read-a-thon! I first took part in Bout of Books last January and I've done a couple more since then. I've only recorded my experience with the first one I did on this blog, and I figured, since I enjoyed doing it so much, it was high time I did it for another. :)

For those of you who aren't familiar with Bout of Books, feel free to read the following paragraph:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

Now, for my goals this time around, I think I'm going to aim to read an average of 300 pages a day (which would work out to be 2100 pages for the entire week), do all the daily challenges and keep up with my daily updates, check out some of the other participants blogs and maybe leave a comment or two, and at least attempt to take part in one of the Twitter chats. This is actually a fairly ambitious list considering I work a couple of days this week, have been in a bit of a reading slump lately, and my new school semester starts this week as well, but I'm hoping I'll at least be able to reach some of these goals and have fun, overall.

I like doing separate, daily update posts for my read-a-thons, so you'll be seeing those again for this Bout of Books. I'll be aiming to have them up before midnight my time (EST) everyday, so keep a lookout for those.

And... that's it for my intro post. I hope, for all of you also participating in Bout of Books, that you have a good week full of lots of reading and fun. ^_^

Happy read-a-thoning everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment