Wednesday 8 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Day 3 Update

Today was sort of a weird day. I feel like I did lots of things, but still managed to get nothing done! It was, for the third day in a row, yet another snow day for me. Lucky I know. ;) I think the streak is finally over though, as it stopped snowing this morning, and my family and I spent the better part of the afternoon digging ourselves out. The ploughs have finally been by as well, so I'll be surprised if I don't have classes tomorrow, now that the roads are at least somewhat drivable.

Due to all the busy-ness in the afternoon though, I haven't read nearly as much today as I had hoped. (This seems to be turning into a pattern, and, with classes finally starting for me, it may persist. I don't like it. :/) I've only managed to read 106 pages of Flyte, and 62 pages of City of Bones, for a total of 168 pages. I'm really hoping I can make it to 300 today, but we'll have to see. I'm quite tired after all the shovelling I did earlier. hehe

Now, before getting into the one challenge for today, there's another couple of things I want to address: my book and movie reviews. I think I've decided that I'm definitely going to do a review for Room (It should be up tomorrow or Friday at the latest), but I haven't quite decided how I'm going to review the Septimus Heap series (or series' in general for that matter). I was originally planning on reviewing each book separately, but 1) that's a lot of work, and 2) I feel like the reviews will get repetitive. I therefore think that when reviewing series I will either do an entire series review, or review multiple books in a series at once by doing mini-reviews of each book in one, big post. In regards to the Septimus Heap books though, I'm thinking an entire series review at this point, but that might change after I finish another book or two. If anyone wants to read my thoughts on all the books I read (as I usually write a blurb when I finish them), you can add me as a friend on Goodreads. (My username is BookishlyBecca.)

For movie reviews, I have really only watched a few new anime movies so far this year, and I feel like I need to re-watch the two that I plan to do a review and/or discussion on, so those may not be up for another week or so. Stay tuned!

My Favourite Genre

Today's challenge was on Doing Dewey. The challenge was to pick a book or two to use as a way to introduce someone to your favourite genre.

My favourite genre is Fantasy. The books I would recommend to someone to get them into this genre would be the Harry Potter series (of course!) by J.K. Rowling and The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. (I personally like The Mortal Instruments series quite a bit as well, but I know that most people prefer TID, so I'm going with those books as my recommendation.)

That's it for today. See you all tomorrow.
Happy reading!

Total pages read: 704
Books started: 2
Books finished: 2
Challenges completed: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment